Friday, October 17, 2008

Moline

I mentioned to a friend we were going to Moline and she said "they have a really nice airport". Seemed a little random at the time but upon arrival I can attest that they do indeed have a nice little airport.



We checked into the hotel then took the tour of Mike's old stomping ground. I was a tad nervous about the trip to the farm. He hadn't been back since his Grandparents sold it so I wasn't sure if it would hard for him. The family that resides there has done a great job of making it their own. They have cleared away several acres and added onto the house. I think it was easier on Mike to have the property look so different. He was amazed that the road to the farm had been paved. Apparently that was a big deal because he mentioned 12-13 times.



We went to the put in (that's for you Babe) and Mike explained where he sank the boat. Considering how cool it was that day I can only imagine how cold it was on said occasion. You'll have to ask him to tell the story- since I wasn't there.



We went to Brian and Peggy's where they welcomed us with open arms and presents for our children. We all enjoyed the visit, it was a much needed get away. Did I mention the hacienda? The original McClellan home is now quite colorful (purple, yellow, blue, pink, green, red- all on the outside of the house). My only regret that weekend is we didn't take a picture!



Now onto the good stuff..... dessert then the rest of the day...



One word: Whitey's. If you're ever in the are make sure to stop for ice cream. Notice Sebastian took his cup to a chair away from the crowd so he didn't have to share. That's my boy!

Kenzie quickly stole Mike's milkshake. He got to enjoy some of it... and some of his ice-cream on the flight home. What a good dad to share with the lil' ones.


Mackenzie with a full belly of Happy Joe's pizza. Mike has fond memories of Taco pizza. It's mostly the taco sauce he loves which they now bottle so it was easier to bring home than the 50 packets we took last time.

After visiting the farm we went out to Brian and Peggy's house. We all headed back to the hotel to let the kids swim before pizza and ice cream. We had a good time catching up with their family.

We went out to the farm and Mike didn't shed a tear!




The leaves are still falling down.... but Mike is glad he no longer rakes them!









1 comment:

Ginger said...

Sounds like your trip was great! Thanks for posting...I love seeing pictures of the kids (I know I probably say that every time I leave a comment, but it's TRUE, what can I say?). Miss you all and love you lots!