Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Seriously??

I'm on the phone with a friend this afternoon and Mike puts Kenzie down for her nap. Not even 90 seconds later shes behind me. Can't figure out what's going so I take her back to her room and put her in the crib. 2 minutes later she's back... so I wonder in and ask Mike why he keeps getting her up. He doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about. At that moment I think... "no, surely not". Oh yes! Yes she can climb out of her crib.

Third time's a charm and she stays put and takes her nap. We go to a birthday party, have dinner, watch a show and get ready for bed. I lay her down and a minute later hear her little feet on the wood floors. This kid is killing me! She has always been such a heavenly sleeper. Put her in her bed and she goes to sleep. Very little crying involved... ever. This has put a whole new spin on things for us.

Per Mike's request I pulled out the camera to catch her in the act. Now I know this video looks a little rehearsed but it's honestly the first time we had the privilege to view her acrobatics. Love the end.... from both our kiddos!!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

We agree with Sebastian - perfect!
So cute!

Ginger said...

"OH PERFECT!" Sebastian IS right! I was getting very nervous when she was teetering at the top of the crib, legs straight out, but she dismounted incredibly well! I would have to give that a "10"!

G'pa B said...

That is priceless! You go, girl. Thanks for sharing

Lynette said...

Ohhhh such a sad day for mommy!!! But too cute:)

Supershepherds said...

I almost expected climbing gear with Sebastian on belay. That was really pretty incredible. Belay on!